No-Cook Camping Food
When "Extreme-Danger" fire restrictions are in effect, stoves and fires are not allowed in the backcountry.
What to eat? Here are some ideas ...
- Energy Bars
- Cereal Bars
- Dried Fruit
- Cheese - hard cheeses last longer
- Crackers and ...
- Prepared meats - salami, tuna, sausages, spam, smoked salmon, ...
- Precooked meats - chicken, tinned hot dogs, ...
- Granola/cereal & milk
- Pancakes (pre-made)
- Sandwiches - Peanut butter, jelly, banana, tuna, ...
- Bagel sandwich - bagels last longer than bread
- Cheese Board
- Salad - add meat, cheese, pasta, etc
- Mexican Combo - chips, wraps, bean dip, guacamole, salsa, ...
An example of no-cook food use
You can add your own ideas below